Rest Assured API Testing Tutorial | Serialization and Deserialization in RestAssured
In this video, We are going to learn How to work Serialization and Deserialization Objects in RestAssured
Using Jackson 2 APIs.
✅ What you are going to learn?
- Create your own rest assured pojo. — https://scrolltest.com/pojo
- What is serialization?
- What is deserialization?
- Example of Serialization and Deserialization Objects in RestAssured
- How to serialize an object?
- How to deserialize into the object?
- Example of rest assured deserialize list and normally rest assured deserialize json array
What is Serialization?
- Serialization is the process of converting objects into a stream of data.
- The serialization and deserialization process is platform-independent, it means you can serialize an object in a platform and deserialize in different platform.
🚀 All 30 Days Task — https://scrolltest.com/30days/restassured
📌 Join 30 Days Challenge Updates — https://scrolltest.com/tta
🎓 Free Automation MasterClass — https://thetestingacademy.com
📚 REST API testing with Python — https://masterapitesting.com
✅ How to Serialize an object?
- Data that is exchanged between client and server is of JSON format.
- Serialize objects into a stream of JSON data and deserialize stream of data to objects that are exchanged between the REST web service.
✅ What is Deserialization?
Deserialization is the process of converting a stream of data into objects.
The main purpose of serialization and deserialization is to persist the data and recreate whenever needed.
✅ How to deserialize into the object?
- Rest Assured can use the Jackson 2 library, GSON library or Jackson library for serialization and deserialization.
- Jackson 2 library for serialization and deserialization purposes.
✅ REST Assured ObjectMapper Serialization with JSON
Often when you are using REST Assured, you will want to serialize a POJO (Plain old Java Object) and send that in your API call. Or you might want to take the API response and de-serialize the body to a POJO.
✅ JSON Serialization & JSON De-Serialization
JSON is a format that encodes objects in a string. Serialization means to convert an object into that string, and deserialization is its inverse operation (convert string to object)
✅ What is REST Assured?
REST Assured is a Java library that provides a domain-specific language (DSL) for writing powerful, maintainable tests for RESTful APIs. … I’ll be using real-world code examples you can copy, run, and reuse directly in your own test automation effort
🌍 Test Automation -
💌 API Testing -
🎙 Cypress Tutorial with LIVE Projects -
📝 REST API testing with Python -